Many couples will one day end their relationship, but not due to lack of chemistry or commitment, but due to lack of excitement. Many relationship experts claim that as the flames of attraction and initial excitement begin to cool, that is when relationships most often become strained, eventually reaching a breaking point. We have 5 tidbits of relationship advice to help you keep things exciting for you and your partner. Here is some helpful tips, so you can avoid the rut.
- Avoid a Routine: One reason that couples quickly become bored is due to falling into a particular routine. If you have spent the last three Fridays cuddled up on the couch watching Netflix, switch it up and go to the park or something else instead. Make your dates less predictable and keep your partner on their toes in order to keep them excited about seeing you.
- Be Spontaneous: You don’t always have to wait for a special occasion in order to do something special for your partner. Instead of just letting them know how much you appreciate them on their birthday, holidays, and your anniversaries, pick another day to spoil them. This doesn’t have to be something expensive or elaborate, just a touching way to display your feeling for your partner.
- Try Something New: Variety is the spice of life and new experiences make life that much more enjoyable. Set up dates where you try something completely new together like rock climbing, horseback riding, or exploring the quiet countryside. Whether it is a new restaurant or a new activity, having a shared unfamiliar experience will help the two of you bond more closely. Plus, you may find a new favorite thing to do together along the way.
- Send flirty messages: Make sure that your significant other always has you on their mind when you two are apart with flirty text messages, voicemails, or emails. Surprising your significant other with an unexpected flirty message will make their day and make them that much more excited to see you. Knowing that you are thinking of him or her will give your partner a huge confidence boost and make them feel more secure in your relationship.
- Go At Your Own Pace: You and your partner may be feeling outside pressure from friends and family to take your relationship to a particular level before you are ready. Instead of caving to the pressure, let your partner know that you want to wait until you both, and just you both, are ready to take your relationship to the next level. Moving too quickly can make people feel trapped in the relationship and more likely to end it prematurely than if they had waited until the right time.
By avoiding a routine and being spontaneous, you are making each time that you are together feel more like an experience rather than an obligation. Give your partner a reason to look forward to seeing you each time that you are together. Dating is about enjoying each other’s company and bonding, as soon as it starts to feel more like a chore, that is when you should question whether your relationship has fallen into a rut. Keep your relationship fun and exciting with these few tips of relationship advice.